Finally it comes out that '90's was a very good decade for gothic rock.
There were a lot of great bands back then but, partly because they came right after the milestones of the '80's (Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Virgin Prunes, Sound, Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Mission........), partly because the gothic rock passed underground, they remained known to only a few people. But there's always time for great bands to be discovered.
Cleopatra Records, founded in LA in 1992, and specialized in gothic rock, punk and industrial music.
By publishing artists like Rozz Williams, Razed in Black, Leather Strip, Gary Newman, it became a legendary name for the '90's.
This compilation is a tribute to Bauhaus. Some of the best bands of that time have the chance to create their own atmospheres to these classic songs. Bands from Finland (Two Witches), America (Faith and the Muse, Electric Hellfire Club) and Australia (Ikon).
1. The Electric Hellfire Club - Bela Lugosie's Dead
2. The Shroud - The Passion of Lovers
3. Ex Voto - Slice of Life
4. Faith and the Muse - Hollow Hills
5. Fahrenheit 451 with Eva O. - The Three Shadows (PART II)
6. Kill Switch...Klick - Dark Entries
7. Black Atmosphere - Music in Plastic
8. Two Witches (feat. Shade Factory) - King Volcano
9. This Ascension - In the Flat Field
10.Ikon - She's in Parties
11.Wreckage - Lagartija Nick
12.Eleven Shadows - Terror Couple Kill Colonel
13. Blade Fetish - All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Take it here